Our data protection policy
1. General communication, being up to date
Processing of your personal data takes place in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the country-specific provisions on data protection applicable to us. With our data protection policy, we would like to inform you, inter alia, about the collection and recording of personal data, about the type and purpose of their use, the respective relevant legal basis and the rights due to you.
The content of our data protection policy is subject to regular review. Further development of our website and offers through it or amended statutory or authority specifications may require changes to this data protection statement. Therefore, we reserve the right to amend or adjust the data protection policy at any time, with or without advance announcement. Please check if there are any changes on your own frequently. You may call and print the respective current data privacy statement at any time on our website.
2. Name and contact details of the responsible for processing
This data privacy statement shall apply to processing activities by:
Dietze & Schell Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 9561 818-0
Telefax: +49 9561 28676
3. Name and contact details of our data protection officer
Compliance with the data protection provisions is continually supervised by our internal data protection officer, Mr Thomas Bartsch, in your interest. You may contact him directly if you desire any communication or explanations:
Mr Thomas Bartsch
c/o Dietze & Schell Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49 9561 818-0
Telefax: +49 9561 28676
We use, inter alia, the following terms in our data protection policy. They are explained subsequently:
a) Personal data, data subject
Personal data are any data that refer to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter: "Data Subject"). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
c) Restriction of processing
Restriction of processing means the marking of stored personal data with the objective of limiting their processing in the future.
Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
Pseudonymisation means the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures to ensure that the personal data are not associated with an identified or identifiable natural person.
f) Responsible or responsible for processing
The responsible or responsible for processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, institution or other body who/that determines the purpose and means of processing of personal data alone or jointly with others. If the purposes and means of this processing are specified by Union or the Member State law, the responsible, or the specific criteria of its designation, may be specified according to Union law or the law of the Member States.
The processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the responsible.
The recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, independently of whether the recipient is a third party or not. Public authorities that may receive personal data within the framework of a specific inquiry under Union or Member State law are, however, not deemed recipients.
i) Third party
Third parties are any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, responsible, processor and persons who, under the immediate authority of the responsible or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
Consent is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by any other clear affirmative act, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data concerning him or her.
k) Infringement of the protection of personal data
Infringement of the protection of personal data shall be infringement of safety that leads to destruction, loss or change, no matter if accidental or illegal, or to unauthorised disclosure of or access to personal data that have been transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
5. Collection and recording of personal data as well as the type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting our website
When calling up our website, the browser used on your end device will automatically send information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is recorded without any action on your end and stored until automated erasure after leaving our website:
- Internet protocol address of the requesting computer
- Date and time at the query or access
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Name and URL of the called file
- Access status / HTTP-status code
- The respective data volume transferred
- Website from which the request or access takes place (referrer URL),
- Browser used
- Operating system of your computer and its interface, as well as the name of your access provider
- Language and version of the browser software.
The personal data named are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring smooth establishment of the website's connection,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability, as well as
- other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for processing activities shall be sentence 1 of point (b) of Article 6(1) GDPR. Our legitimate interests follow from the purposes listed for data collection above. In no case shall we use any collected personal data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When you contact us by email or through our contact form
We collect personal data if you communicate it to us freely when contacting us by email or through our contact form. The data collected are evident from the input form. We use the data disclosed by you to process your inquiries and to process the contract. After complete processing of your query or after complete processing of the contract, or after deletion of your user account, your data will be locked for further use and erased after the expiration of the archiving periods under tax and commercial law, unless you have explicitly consented to further use of your data or we reserve additional use of data that is allowed by law and about which we inform you below.
Processing activities for the purpose of contacting us or setting up a user account with us shall take place according to point (a) of sentence 1 of Article 6 (1) GDPR based on your freely given consent.
Processing activities upon formation of a contract with us shall take place in accordance with point (a) of sentence 1 of Article 6
(1) GDPR, based on your freely given consent or in accordance with point (b) of sentence 1 of Article 6(1) GDPR.
You can object to recording and use of your data for these purposes at any time by notification to the contacts named above in item 3.
c) Routine erasure and blocking of personal data
The responsible for processing processes and records personal data of the data subject only for the period that is necessary to achieve the purpose of storage or if this was stipulated in laws or rules that the responsible is subject to by the European directive and regulation provider or any other legislator.
If the purpose of recording no longer applies or if any storage period stipulated by the European directive and regulation provider or any other competent legislator expires, the personal data will be routinely blocked or deleted according to the statutory rules.
d) Unauthorised disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to any third parties for any other than the purposes referred to below.
We shall only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have explicitly consented to this pursuant to point (a) of sentence 1 of Article 6(1) GDPR;
- this is legitimate by law and necessary according to point (b) of sentence 1 of Article 6(1) GDPR for processing contractual relationships with you;
- disclosure is required due to statutory obligations pursuant to point (c) of sentence 1 of Article 6(1) GDPR;
- forwarding is necessary under point (f) of sentence 1 of Article 6(1) GDPR for establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding protection-worthy interest in your data not being passed on;
- disclosure is required under point (f) of sentence 1 of Article 6(1) GDPR in the interest of user-friendliness of our website and improvement of the offer, provided that there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding protection-worthy interest in your data not being passed on.
6. Electronic mail (email)
Data transfer through the internet (e.g. at communications by email) may be subject to safety gaps. Information you send to us unencrypted by electronic mail (email) can be read by third parties on the way, stored and used for other purposes. Therefore, please do not send any confidential information without using an encryption program.
7. Data privacy in case of applications and the application procedure
The responsible for processing collects and processes the personal data of applicants for the purpose of processing the application procedure. Processing may also take place by electronic means. This is in particular the case if an applicant transmits the corresponding application documents to the responsible for processing by electronic means, for instance by email. If the responsible for processing concludes an employment contract with an applicant, the transmitted data will be stored for the purpose of the employment relationship, with attention to the legal rules.
If no employment contract is concluded between the responsible for processing and the applicant, the application documents will be deleted automatically six months after disclosure of the cancellation decision if erasure is not opposed by any other legitimate interests of the responsible for processing. Other legitimate interests in this meaning shall include, for instance, evidence obligations in proceedings under the general law on equal treatment (Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz; AGG).
8. Rights of data subjects
You have the following rights:
- to withdraw your consent once given to us towards us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the processing activities that were based on this consent in future (Article 7(3) GDPR);
- to demand communication regarding your processing of personal data by us (Article 15 GDPR ). In particular, you may request communication regarding the purposes of the processing, category of personal data, categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage duration, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, existence of a right to lodge a complaint, origin of your data if they were not collected at our site, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and any meaningful information on its details;
- to demand rectification of any inaccurate personal data stored by us or completion of these without undue delay (Article 16 GDPR);
- to demand erasure of your personal data stored by us as far as processing is not necessary in order to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, based on grounds of public interest or for assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims (Article 17 GDPR);
- to demand restriction of processing of your personal data as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, processing is not legitimate, but you decline erasure and we no longer require the personal data, but you still require them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR (Article 18 GDPR);
- to demand to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transfer to another responsible for processing (Article 20 GDPR).
- If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with point (f) of sentence 1 Article 6(1) GDPR, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data as far as there are grounds for this that result from your particular situation or the objection is targeted against direct marketing (Article 21 GDPR). In the latter case, you have a general right to object we will implement without any indication of a particular situation.
- If you want to exercise your withdrawal right or right to object, simply send an email to the email address named above in item 3.
- to lodge a completing with a supervisory authority, without prejudice to any other legal remedy under administrative law or in court, in particular in the member state of your habitual place of residence, your work place or the place of the alleged infringement (Article 77 GDPR). For a list of the supervisory authorities with their respective contact details, see the following link: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html
9. Data security
On grounds of security, our website uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Whether any individual page of our website is transmitted encrypted is evident because the address line in your browser will switch from "http://" to "https://" and the key or lock icon in the status bar of your browser will be shown locked.
Furthermore, we use appropriate technical and organisational safety measures in order to protect your personal data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures will be improved continually according to the technological developments.